Most of the BrainTap audio library sessions use guided visualization and relaxation. These techniques transport you out of your current space and into a new space of inner calm, peace, and tranquility. A natural byproduct of guided relaxation occurs when the muscles, ligaments, and tendons go loose and limp, thereby creating the relaxation response—the perfect state for healing.
Once the relaxation response is triggered, you immediately notice the physical benefits, such as a decrease in blood pressure, a lower respiratory rate, and a slower pulse rate. An increase in alpha brain wave activity is associated with deep relaxation, and makes for great access to what I call “the intuitive mind”—where healing is most likely to take place. The relaxation response is neurologically hard-wired. Therefore, you don’t have to “believe” it will work to experience the benefits. The relaxation response happens in the body and not in the mind.
Improving Quality of Life with BrainTap Sessions
A great example involves how life events, such as being diagnosed with cancer, are stressful. Research has shown the stress of a cancer diagnosis suppresses the immune system. To optimize the recovery process, it’s of vital importance to incorporate a program of stress reduction and relaxation. Minimizing anxiety and stress through relaxation optimizes the immune system. Guided relaxation helps patients let go of the fear, stress, and anxiety associated with their illness and, most importantly, gives them the power of positive thinking. The audio library sessions use advanced visualization designed to activate the immune system. Guided relaxation and visualization help patients deal with the following emotional states associated with diseases like cancer:
- Denial – The state of denial can cause people with an illness to continue unhealthy habits that hinder the healing process.
- Fear – Fear can be harmful as it increases.
- Anxiety – Living in a high anxiety state is extremely stressful to the body and is certainly not conducive to healing.
- Anger – When facing a severe illness, going through short lapses of anger is natural. Anger left unchecked, however, might cause you to lash out at those who are only trying to help.
- Frustration – Getting overly frustrated can make you want to give up. You can overcome frustration when you learn to set daily and weekly emotional goals for healing.
- Negative Thinking – Walking around in a cloud of negative thoughts can compel you to push away your support system.
- Nausea – Nausea can prevent patients from eating healthy foods, getting exercise, and drinking plenty of water. While the body may have plenty of reasons for nausea, the relaxation response can help patients relax it away.
- Pain – Intense or chronic pain can cause one to stop interacting with life, which is never conducive to healing. The relaxation response can increase the body’s own natural analgesia.
This example shows how guided visualization can help in extreme stress situations, but healthy people who regularly take the time for braintapping reap great rewards, including activating their brain’s ability to creatively visualize and imagine life as they wish it to be. These individuals have reported a number of side-benefits, which include increased energy, more fulfilling relationships, a more successful career, a sense of purpose, and last, but certainly not least, an enhanced ability to handle and manage stress.
This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. As always, check with a doctor before starting any treatment program. For more information on using guided relaxation and creative visualization to aid healing and enhance your quality of life, visit www.braintaptechnology.com.