From June 1, 2015 to July 31, 2015, a case study of 50 people between the ages of 35 and 65 was conducted at Solantis Light Spa in New Bern, North Carolina. The study team used measurements of heart rate variability pre and post a 20-minute session with BrainTap Technologies’ BrainTap headset. The headset uses light and sound frequencies for brain wave entrainment. Participants were first time users of the headset and were not previously trained in or skilled at meditation. Overall, the group saw a 27.5 percent improvement in regulatory system function after a single BrainTap session as shown. Measurement Post-Session Improvement Stress Index 36% How hard the body is working to maintain balance Autonomic Nervous System 31% How well the autonomic nervous system is regulating the body’s physiology Vital Force 33% The power of the electrical activity of the heart Neuro-Hormonal Regulation 16% How all hormonal systems are coordinating together in synchronization like a symphony orchestra Psycho-Emotional State 17% The brain’s states of arousal such as seen in an EEG representing the electrical activity of the brain at a specific frequency spectrum Biorhythm Coherence 33% This is a combination of all the systems and how well they correlate with each other Average 27.5% The measurement device used is called Alfa Scan, which measures the beat to beat changes from an ECG reading. Classic heart rate variability is a reflection of the autonomic nervous system and how well it is adapting to internal and external stressors. Alfa Scan reveals more than the classic HRV in that Russian scientists figured out how extract valuable information from the heart signal about the electrical activity of the brain by using complex algorithms that tell us about Delta, Theta, Alpha, Beta, and Gamma brainwaves. Note: Alfa Scan does not diagnose or treat any disease. It is designed to educate practitioners and their clients about the effect of internal and external influences on the body.